[LINK] Murdoch papers to charge for websites by 2010

Jan Whitaker jwhit at melbpc.org.au
Thu Aug 6 18:24:14 AEST 2009

At 05:36 PM 6/08/2009, Jan Whitaker you wrote:
>Funny how The Age gave a headline about this (online), then provided
>no details about when it would happen or even much of anything about
>it in the body of the story.

I also went to the Herald Sun, the News paper in Melbourne. Nothing
on any headline. When I searched on Murdoch in that paper, I received
a search result for a story from News in general and a url for The Australian.

Not one of the 79 comments to the news.com article supports this, of
course. Several said it would no longer be their homepage. Lots of
alternate URLs provided. Just means more hits on the free sites for
the advertisers to get. Maybe Rupert just wants out of the online
game altogether. But we know what happens then. His income will then
be from TV/satellite. His print newspapers are already dying.

Jan

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
jwhit at janwhitaker.com
blog: http://janwhitaker.com/jansblog/