[LINK] Crime expert backs calls for 'licence to compute'

stephen at melbpc.org.au stephen at melbpc.org.au
Fri Aug 28 15:04:59 AEST 2009

Marghanita and other Linkers write,

> Bernard Robertson-Dunn wrote:
> > Crime expert backs calls for 'licence to compute' By Ben Grubb
http://www.itnews.com.au/News/154129,crime-expert-backs-calls-for-licence-
to-compute.aspx    <snip>

> There is a good analogy here...teenage boys are the victims of poor
> driving and a whole lot of year 9s have just been given computers ....
> having appropriate education (on relevant legislation - from hacking to
> privacy) is vital. Marghanita

 http://www.cybersmart.gov.au/en.aspx

Such concerns are touched apon here, and, so, WILL be addressed to some
extent (have not reviewed the site extensively personally) in every .Au
school. Perhaps someone (ACS?) might like to review and possibly suggest
any such additions to the program as we Linkers do feel appropriate? I'm
certain the ACMA would be very interested hearing appropriate suggestions
from Linkers etc, in terms of current & future developments in technology.

Cheers,
Stephen