[LINK] Google Labs: Listen

Ivan Trundle ivan at itrundle.com
Mon Aug 31 23:40:16 AEST 2009

On 31/08/2009, at 10:57 PM, stephen at melbpc.org.au wrote:

> Instead, new ideas, such as, for example: http://listen.googlelabs.com

Too linear. Only boring old farts like us like linear material. A
niche market for Android-powered phone owners, perhaps.

My now no longer children prefer the ability to scan and pickup
material as they need it. Contrary to doomsday pundits, there's life
in plain 'reading' for a while to come (but maybe not on paper). It's
possible to read AND listen to music or keep one eye on a movie - or
so it seems judging by my off-spring's behaviour. And when on the
move, such as on the bus or train, they pick up their iPod/iPhone and
browse news stories (ie. reading) whilst listening to music. I once
asked about podcasts - the 'must be something for older people' smile
told me much about their listening habits.

iT