[LINK] Webmasters fume as Google profiles signed-out searchers

Jan Whitaker jwhit at melbpc.org.au
Tue Dec 8 09:37:20 AEDT 2009

At 09:19 AM 8/12/2009, Bernard Robertson-Dunn wrote:
>Google does let you turn off
>(http://www.google.com/support/accounts/bin/answer.py?answer=54048)
>personalization off. But it's on by default - and we all know that most
>people will leave it on.

Yay! I followed the instructions [which are only visible with the
mouse movement as we've discussed before and they don't tell you
about on the instruction sheet], and got this result:

Your cookies seem to be disabled.
Setting preferences will not work until you enable cookies in your browser.
<http://www.google.com.au/cookies.html>How do I enable cookies?

Jan

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
jwhit at janwhitaker.com