[LINK] Green light for internet filter plans

Jan Whitaker jwhit at melbpc.org.au
Wed Dec 16 09:21:22 AEDT 2009

At 11:02 PM 15/12/2009, rene wrote:
>What an excellent idea! (And, it would probably entertainingly turn
>Parliament into more of a circus than it is now - imagine them arguing
>about whether a book such as Nitschke's Peacefull Handbook should be RC, or
>controversial abortion images, or a satirical article in a university
>student newsletter allegedly promoting shoplifting, etc, etc, ad
>infinitum.)

Actually, it's a great idea and may keep them from making other
stupid laws! :-)
[just kidding, sort of]

And thanks to Phil Argy for clearing up that the patron invitation is
to the office rather than the individual. I still don't agree with it
because it hampers the Association from being non-political. But
that's another thread.

Jan

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
jwhit at janwhitaker.com