[LINK] Conroy domain moving around

Jan Whitaker jwhit at janwhitaker.com
Sat Dec 19 08:09:37 AEDT 2009

Spoof Stephen Conroy Website Protests Internet Filter Plan (19 December 2009)
  http://www.theage.com.au/technology/technology-news/spoof-conroy-website-protests-at-internet-filter-plan-20091218-l1bn.html
  http://snipurl.com/tr06s

"A net prankster has taken advantage of Conroy's failure to reserve
his own domain name by registering stephenconroy.com.au and turning
it into an anti-censorship protest site."

It's now at: http://stephen-conroy.com/news.php
Capture before it disappears again. :-) It's worth looking for the cartoon.

AUDA is behaving outside its normal processes according to
information at the top of that site.
auDA, the .au Domain Administrator is trying to take us offline.
Earlier today they issued a notice giving us 3 hours to provide
evidence of our eligibility to hold the 'stephenconroy.com.au' and
related domain names. Normally registrants are provided with
approximately one week to provide this information on request. We
asked for reasonable time to prepare and submit representations on
our eligibility but auDA refused to grant this. Accordingly we've
moved the site to 'stephen-conroy.com' - please update your
bookmarks. Conroy's office must have been busy this afternoon!
<http://stephen-conroy.com/page.php?4>SEE OUR PAGE ON AUDA'S DOMAIN CENSORSHIP

Jan

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
jwhit at janwhitaker.com