[LINK] Google Expands Control of Internet Architecture

Stilgherrian stil at stilgherrian.com
Tue Dec 22 07:02:12 AEDT 2009

On 22/12/2009, at 6:37 AM, jore419-links at yahoo.com.au wrote:
> "Providing an opt-in service is hardly exercising control."
>
> Sure it is. Look at Google Search, Gmail, YouTube, etc...

Um, saying "Sure, look at it" doesn't actually explain your reason or illustrate your point. You're asking us to look at, say, Gmail, and somehow automatically come to the same conclusion you are, which in turn would require knowing how you're joining the dots.

Would you care to explicitly join the dots? Because, while I certainly have my concerns about a private organisation having significant market and social influence, influence is not the same as control.

Stil

--
Stilgherrian http://stilgherrian.com/
Internet, IT and Media Consulting, Sydney, Australia