[LINK] National Strategy for Energy Efficiency Meeting now on in Canberra

Tom Worthington Tom.Worthington at tomw.net.au
Tue Feb 3 10:55:04 AEDT 2009

Greetings from Old Parliament House in Canberra, where a meeting
between industry and the Environment Department is taking place on
what to put in the
<http://www.coag.gov.au/coag_meeting_outcomes/2008-10-02/index.cfm#climate>National
Strategy for Energy Efficiency agreed last year by the Council of
Australian Governments (COAG).

The staff of the Energy Efficiency Futures section of the Department
of the Environment, Water, Heritage and the Arts are under pressure
to produce proposals for a COAG meeting in March. Unfortunately the
Environment Department seems to be conducing consultations in a last
century way. It seems particularly inappropriate to make people fly
to Canberra to discuss energy savings. The Australian Government has
stated an intention to use online consultation and make information
more freely available and the Environment Department should implement
this government policy.

To help the Environment Department along I have placed the agenda and
discussion paper of the meeting on my blog, along with some comments
from the meeting:
<http://www.tomw.net.au/blog/2009/02/national-strategy-for-energy-efficiency.html>.

Tom Worthington FACS HLM tom.worthington at tomw.net.au Ph: 0419 496150
Director, Tomw Communications Pty Ltd            ABN: 17 088 714 309
PO Box 13, Belconnen ACT 2617                      http://www.tomw.net.au/
Adjunct Senior Lecturer, Australian National University