[LINK] Who uses dedicated and individual software for web/rss/mail?

Marghanita da Cruz marghanita at ramin.com.au
Fri Feb 6 08:26:42 AEDT 2009

Jan Whitaker wrote:
> At 10:57 PM 5/02/2009, Kim Holburn wrote:
>> I have tried standalone programs like NetNewsWire and firefox
>> extensions like Sage and even the builtin firefox feed reader but I
>> didn't like any of them much.
>
> Have you tried Brief? It's a FF plugin and works rather nicely. It's
> better than the livebookmark feeds which are only titles. This
> provides title and full article options at a click per article. You
> can set the refresh time. It has a bookmarking feature that I haven't used yet.

<snip>

I suspect I have somehow installed this plugin!

There used to be a time when I could view an RSS Feed as a webpage and at the
top were options to add it to - I never took much notice and now I don't know
what they were.

However, now all I get is do I want to add it to bookmarks or the toolbar. My
preference is still to cut and paste the URL into "News&Blogs" in
Icedove(thunderbird).

Marghanita
--
Marghanita da Cruz