[LINK] Victoria Bushfires

Richard Chirgwin rchirgwin at ozemail.com.au
Mon Feb 9 07:03:23 AEDT 2009

stephen at melbpc.org.au wrote:
> BRD kindly writes,
>

>> Having been damaged during the Canberra bushfires, I have every
>> sympathy and empathy for those who have suffered in the past few
>> days in Victoria ..
>>

> Agreed .. and hope all Linkers are safe and well. Google make available
> a map of current fires across Victoria - this information comes directly
> from the CFA and is updated in real time:
>
>  http://mapvisage.appspot.com/fires/FireMap.html

I was intrigued by this ... I can't find any indication about who's
responsible for the map.

The Victorian Government also posts a fire map here:
<http://www.dse.vic.gov.au/DSE/nrenfoe.nsf/LinkView/519C51D981DAE41FCA257257000A5163DC25C965BDA0CAF5CA2573B400013504>

Having been in fires in my youth in the Blue Mountains, I'm also very
sympathetic to those affected.

RC