[LINK] Victoria Bushfires

stephen at melbpc.org.au stephen at melbpc.org.au
Mon Feb 9 07:39:18 AEDT 2009

> >  http://mapvisage.appspot.com/fires/FireMap.html
> I was intrigued by this ... I can't find any indication about who's
> responsible for the map.
>
> The Victorian Government also posts a fire map here:
><http://www.dse.vic.gov.au/DSE/nrenfoe.nsf/LinkView/519C51D981DAE41FCA257
257000A5163DC25C965BDA0CAF5CA2573B400013504>

Yes, the first fire map mentioned is un-attributed .. odd isn't it ..

One notes that your url Richard now reads ..

'Fires Today - Please note - due to unprecedented demand on this website
DSE is requesting that people who do not need to access this information
for reasons of personal safety, please refrain from doing so. Listen to
ABC or local radio station for updates.'

>From what i can see, our web reaction could be more co-ordinated perhaps?

> Having been in fires in my youth in the Blue Mountains, I'm also very
> sympathetic to those affected. RC

Cheers Richard
Stephen Loosley