[LINK] Future short-circuited as hi-tech sector overlooked in rush to spend

Bernard Robertson-Dunn brd at iimetro.com.au
Mon Feb 9 10:55:25 AEDT 2009

Karl Auer wrote:
> PS: Not a troll. I'm tired of techies seeing tech as the answer to all
> our ills. It's people, not bits, that matter. *Especially* in medicine
> and education.
I think we are in agreement.

Just to clarify what I meant by infrastructure. I'm talking about assets
that can produce long term benefits. Things like the health system,
transport, sustainable energy production and the education/R&D systems.
Tech has a part to play in all this, but is not an end in itself -
unless you are a tech vendor.

What does not impress me is the government throwing money at (some)
people to buy consumables or reduce their debt, which was accumulated by
buying consumables. Things that have no value once consumed.

--

Regards
brd

Bernard Robertson-Dunn