[LINK] Microsoft pushes Vista for school laptops

Marghanita da Cruz marghanita at ramin.com.au
Tue Feb 10 10:50:50 AEDT 2009

Carl Makin wrote:
> On 09/02/2009, at 4:37 PM, Marghanita da Cruz wrote:
>
>> Apparently the kids in Catholic schools are getting Macs and the
>> teachers are
>> getting dual boot (MAC/Windows) systems.
>
> Hmmm, not in the ACT.  The CEO (Catholic Education Office, Canberra
> Goulburn diocese) only supports PCs running Windows XP.  When my son's
> school got a grant for computers in 2006, they wanted to purchase Macs
> but were told that if they did they would get no support from the CEO.

This is all hearsay, in the same conversation, where I was showing off an
Linux/701/eeePC, it was also suggested that the NSW state schools were getting
these, but I
guessed, to some, one netbook looks like any other....Though the debate was only
of Mac vs Windows...they had heard of Linux (probably from me). I suspect there
is some pretty strong marketing/FUDD going on.

and while it was reported on Link that the principals were weighing in, I guess
the decisions are being made at the state and CEO/Diocesan level.

Marghanita
--
Marghanita da Cruz
http://www.ramin.com.au