[LINK] No cash for phone alert system

Jan Whitaker jwhit at melbpc.org.au
Mon Feb 16 12:34:57 AEDT 2009

At 12:22 PM 16/02/2009, Bernard Robertson-Dunn wrote:
>A version of the telephone alert system developed by Telstra -- to
>pepper the phones of those in the path of bushfires, floods and other
>hazards with danger messages -- has been costed at between $20 million
>and $66 million by the company.

There was a guy on Today Tonight who said he'd developed a similar
system that he was willing to give the government and had presented
to the Emergency Services Commissioner, but they just ignore him.

jan

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
jwhit at janwhitaker.com
business: http://www.janwhitaker.com
personal: http://www.janwhitaker.com/personal/
blog: http://janwhitaker.com/jansblog/

~Madeline L'Engle, writer

Writing Lesson #54:
Learn to love revision. Think of it as polishing the silver for
guests. - JW, May, 2007