[LINK] NSW 'Silicon Valley' to create job boom

Tom Koltai tomk at unwired.com.au
Wed Feb 18 15:45:53 AEDT 2009

Actually - I rather think it will.
Existing examples ....

Rancho Cordovo in sacramento CA USA
Silverwater in Sydney NSW

Both developed on the edge of civilisation but with high density housing
projects nearby.
Both became the Central Bank Processing clearing house centres for their
respective countries.

Specific vertical Banking discipline - which is not quite silicon
valleyish, but we have to look at increased enrollements at UWS and the
ubiquity of new housing tracts in the area.

The supply of cheap labour has always been an industrial drawcard.
The Western Suburbs of sydney has been screaming for an initiative like
this for some considerable time. Our existing silicon valley Crows nest
to North Ryde is under powered and overpriced.

Tom