[LINK] Internet filtering plan may extend to peer-to-peer traffic, says Stephen Conroy

Tom Koltai tomk at unwired.com.au
Tue Jan 6 07:25:17 AEDT 2009

An open note to Stephen Conroy.

My guess Senator is that child molestors, bomb instruction book makers
and terrorists will not be able to find internet proxy services
guaranteed free of 3 letter acronym agencies, but they might ask a
friend to supply the same.

Psiphon is a human rights software project developed by the Citizen Lab
at the Munk Centre for International Studies that allows citizens in
uncensored countries to provide unfettered access to the Net through
their home computers to friends and family members who live behind
firewalls of states that censor.

The source code to psiphon is available on the Net

http://psiphon.ca/download/psiphon-src-1.6.tar.gz

I think it is curious that an american friend sent me this link in case
I needed him to provide an uncensored proxy link.

I guess the world thinks Australians are in need of Human Rights
protection mechanisms to save us from our well intentioned but oh so
misinformed pollies.

Tom