[LINK] FW: Geo-thermal: clean, permanent electricity

Tom Koltai tomk at unwired.com.au
Mon Jan 12 13:14:12 AEDT 2009

Now there I would agree. The most successful (largest) Geothermal
facility is in Wairaki NZ which has been operating continuously since
1963. It consists of multiple bores. However depends on active magma
sulphurised underground water reservoir (Rotorua Hot Springs).
http://www.teara.govt.nz/EarthSeaAndSky/HotSpringsAndGeothermalEnergy/Ge
othermalEnergy/3/ENZ-Resources/Standard/3/en
Most test faciltiies are overhyped at the outset and started with gusto,
only to languish due to spectacular under performance. I think you might
be holding out on us Stephen, the folowing link provides additional
information on the theory expounded above. And I think the CSIRO are
federally funded.
http://search.csiro.au/search/click.cgi?url=http://www.csiro.au/files/fi
les/p5r5.pdf&rank=3&collection=CSIROau_Live
So I think there is potential, but I am still concerned by the SO2. This
chap might be worth approaching for a comment.
http://www.csiro.au/people/Andrew-Bunger.html

Regards,

Tom