[LINK] Geo-thermal: clean, permanent electricity Now Carbon Credit balancing from ICT

Tom Koltai tomk at unwired.com.au
Mon Jan 12 17:01:04 AEDT 2009

http://www.techcrunch.com/2009/01/11/are-we-killing-the-planet-one-googl
e-search-at-a-time/

Mikal

Wow - Thanks for the pointer Mikal,
I never thought of that before - in quite those terms.
Which is suprising for someone that was involved with the early days of
the Akemai rollout, and is intimately aware of the myriad of switches
and router hardware that switches every Google search request.

I was just thinking back with fond memories to the early eighties of the
euphoria of getting "time" (22 minutes) on a cray for some calcs (64
processors).

Each and every Google request utilises several thousand more processors
for each and every search. (Hierarchical, sql updatable - think Oracle
4gl).

I'm surprised it works out at only 7-10 gms.

But it does jibe with the concept of the necessity for consumer carbon
credits.

My latest Blog posting envisages a world where we can buy food with the
savings made from possibly NOT doing a Google search.
(Ok - it has nothing to do with Google - my vision is a digital world
with no CD's or DVD's, and the problem is developing the business model
to achieve that nirvana which, is a toughie.)
http://www.perceptric.com/blog/_archives/2009/1/11/4052930.html

Step 1. - Sell the result.........

Tom

Am I back on topic now ?