[LINK] creatives angry about copyrestricted DVDs

Rick Welykochy rick at praxis.com.au
Tue Jan 13 17:42:04 AEDT 2009

Richard Chirgwin wrote:

> Jan - more succinctly...
>
> http://www.xckd.com/488/

Specifically, if you buy from iTunes (or other online media that is DRM protected)
you will be an eventual criminal, under the DMCA, when you try to move the
content you paid for to another DRM system or OS.

Only, things changed last week. Apple removed the DRM from its iTune online
offerings. Perhaps they saw this cartoon :)

There is an alternative: pay for CD media and then copy it to whatever devices
you want. You ain't pirating and you ain't encumbered by DRM. And you can
switch to any OS and music system you wish at any time in the future.

Notice how this thread has drifted away from the topic?

cheers
rickw