[LINK] Aussie research

stephen at melbpc.org.au stephen at melbpc.org.au
Tue Jan 13 23:27:27 AEDT 2009

Seems Australia is batting above our weight in science research papers:

--
 ScienceWatch.com presents its "Top 20" listings of the countries which,
as of the latest update, achieved particular distinction based on their

The listings are confined to those nations, out of a pool of 147, which
published at least 10,000 papers across all fields during the period ..

Ranked by Papers

Rank Field      Papers

1   USA        2,959,661
2   JAPAN        796,807
3   GERMANY      766,146
4   ENGLAND      678,686
5   PR CHINA     573,486
6   FRANCE       548,279
7   CANADA       414,248
8   ITALY        394,428
9   SPAIN        292,146
10  RUSSIA       276,801
11  AUSTRALIA    267,134
12  INDIA        237,364
13  NETHERLANDS  231,682
14  SOUTH KOREA  218,077
15  SWEDEN       174,418
16  SWITZERLAND  168,527
17  BRAZIL       157,860
18  TAIWAN       144,807
19  POLAND       131,646
20  BELGIUM      125,520

SOURCE: Essential Science Indicators from Thomson Reuters.

(Mind, we're ninth in citations ..ie, the number of times
 other papers cite Australian scientific research papers.)

 http://sciencewatch.com/dr/cou/2008/08decALL/

-
Cheers all
Stephen Loosley

Message sent using MelbPC WebMail Server