[LINK] another pesky script issue

Stilgherrian stil at stilgherrian.com
Wed Jan 14 17:33:25 AEDT 2009

On 14/01/2009, at 5:20 PM, Jan Whitaker wrote:
> Fred was speaking about the use of scripts and blockage. I just tried
> www.aqis.gov.au on a guess and hit a noscript block. I clicked on it
> and got taken to the redirect. Why would they do something like that
> instead of inserting an auto-redirect that doesn't require a script?
> I don't know how these things work, but I know that I can set my
> website to redirect if I want at the server.

Possible answers are that the web "designer" doesn't know how to do
things on the server, they they're unable to access the server to do
this (either through "security" or excessive bureaucracy), or that
they're required to use a certain design or CMS tool which must do it
this way for compatibility.

> Checked by AVG.
> 13/01/2009 8:17 AM

That's nice. Hw do I know this text isn't fake? And how do I know what
happened to the email as it crossed the Internet after this text was
added? Yet more security theatre...

Stil

--
Stilgherrian http://stilgherrian.com/
Internet, IT and Media Consulting, Sydney, Australia