[LINK] open source Boxee

Peter Bowditch peter at ratbags.com
Tue Jan 20 16:38:17 AEDT 2009

I was interviewed by a market research outfit about pay TV once. The first
thing they did was tell me about a new product - absolutely everything
that the service offered bundled together for a single price (I think it
was about $39.95 a month). They then asked me to  say how enthusiastic I
would be about some other packages.

The bizarre thing was that ALL of the other base+option packages were
either more expensive than the all-you-can-eat or at best only one or two
dollars a month cheaper. To every question "How likely would you be to
take this package?" I answered "Not at all. I would take the all-included
package".

The interviewer had to follow the script right through to the end, even
though both of us knew where it was going. At the end I was thanked and
given an envelope with some money in it. I never did see the all-included-
for-one-low-price package advertised.