[LINK] Fwd: [crimescenewriter] For the hi tech sniper who like to rock to the tunes

Jan Whitaker jwhit at janwhitaker.com
Wed Jan 21 11:49:46 AEDT 2009

oh my

>http://tinyurl.com/77mrfa
>

>A new application has been launched for the iPod
>touch to help gun users line  up a clean shot at their target.
>The BulletFlight app, which costs £6.99 to
>download from the iTunes store, has  been
>developed by Runaway App to turn the iPod touch
>into a ballistics  computer which the company
>says can provide “quick solutions in the field”.
>

>Users can mount their iPod touch to their rifle,
>and then use the iPod’s  touch-screen to tap
>in details about the wind conditions, ammunition
>type,  distance to the intended target and even the wind speed.
>
>“Unlike other apps, BulletFlight does not
>output information in table format,”  says the
>application’s iTunes page. “What it does do
>is dynamically give you  the solution you need now to take that shot.”
>
>The application features built-in profiles for
>three weapons ­ the  M110  semi-automatic
>precision rifle, the KAC PDW, and the 14.5in
>SR16 rifle ­  although users can add more weapons into the app.
>

>“Environmental calculations are based on the
>Sierra Bullet model,” says the  BulletFlight
>iTunes entry. “Up to five ballistic
>coefficients with  corresponding velocity
>thresholds may be used for each profile.”
>
>BulletFlight is not the first shooting
>application for the iPhone and iPod  touch ­
>that honour goes to iSnipe ­ but it’s the he
>latest in a long line of unusual apps for the
>devices, which have included simulated
>beer-pouring, a  fart machine, and even “breathalyzers”.

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
jwhit at janwhitaker.com
business: http://www.janwhitaker.com
personal: http://www.janwhitaker.com/personal/
blog: http://janwhitaker.com/jansblog/

Our truest response to the irrationality of the
world is to paint or sing or write, for only in such response do we find truth.
~Madeline L'Engle, writer

Writing Lesson #54:
Learn to love revision. Think of it as polishing
the silver for guests. - JW, May, 2007