[LINK] Global Warming Is Irreversible, Study Says

David Boxall david.boxall at hunterlink.net.au
Sat Jan 31 20:51:55 AEDT 2009

At Fri, 30 Jan 2009 21:13:44 +1100 Bernard Robertson-Dunn wrote:
> <brd>
> If global warming is irreversible, maybe we should stop tinkering with
> irreverent/irrelevant suggestions and start looking at survival strategies.
> </brd>
I guess it depends how much damage we're prepared to do and what we
think we can survive.  Several years ago, I read a worst-case scenario
that had  earth's surface temperature around 400C.  That was after all
surface water had evaporated, of course, adding to the greenhouse
effect.  There was something about crushing atmospheric pressure too.

What we've done may be irreversible, but that doesn't mean we should
keep doing it.

--
David Boxall                    |  When a distinguished but elderly
                                |  scientist states that something is
                                |  possible, he is almost certainly
                                |  right. When he states that
                                |  something is impossible, he is