[LINK] Rather Fascinating study on Open Access

Anthony Hornby anthony.w.hornby at gmail.com
Thu Jul 9 21:52:23 AEST 2009

Hi Tom,
Forgot to say thanks for the link :-)

It is important to make researchers aware that a wider move to Open
Access should translate into more field trips, more lab equipment,
more $$$ for what they actually care about - the doing of research +
make it a lot easier to discover and build on research that has gone
before and that the sky won't fall in on quality  if the status quo
changes.

This conference I attended last year had some interesting sessions -
might be worth a look.

http://www.oar2008.qut.edu.au/program/

Regards Anthony