[LINK] Australia’s $164,000 web site

Stilgherrian stil at stilgherrian.com
Tue Jul 21 09:16:21 AEST 2009

On 21/07/2009, at 6:53 AM, Kim Holburn wrote:
> http://www.australianit.news.com.au/story/0,24897,25789922-15318,00.html
>
> The Rudd government spent $164,000 to set up the website, which
> provides details of the rollout of spending under the government's $42
> billion stimulus package, announced in February.
>
> The website:
> http://www.economicstimulusplan.gov.au/pages/default.aspx

The article begins: "TAXPAYERS have spent 71c for every hit on Kevin
Rudd's stimulus website".

Yet, I wonder what it might have cost to process each enquiry about
the spending of the stimulus package through more traditional means,
such as a call centre, or a printed pamphlet delivered to every
Australian home?

Another way of spinning the results is that despite having all the
details online, few taxpayers are actually interested in the details
of the stimulus spending. I'm sure we can think of others.

"The Australian", as usual, has given a Liberal senator a free kick
with their criticisms without any other point of view.

Stil

--
Stilgherrian http://stilgherrian.com/
Internet, IT and Media Consulting, Sydney, Australia