[LINK] DNS outage?

Stilgherrian stil at stilgherrian.com
Tue Jul 28 18:56:33 AEST 2009

On 28/07/2009, at 6:31 PM, Kim Holburn wrote:
> So how do you do an "out of band" alert on the internet?  On the
> internet itself? - not so useful I think.  Put it on the radio? - that
> could get very boring for people who aren't interested and most likely
> to be missed by people who are interested.

And an alert on the radio is similarly irrelevant for anyone not
driving that particular roar, or not driving at all.

I'm not seeing a whole lot of difference between that and "a damaged
cable in central Melbourne will mean slow access to overseas sites for
anyone using BigPond. iPrimus or many smaller ISPs.

Stil

--
Stilgherrian http://stilgherrian.com/
Internet, IT and Media Consulting, Sydney, Australia