[LINK] DNS outage?

Glen Turner gdt at gdt.id.au
Wed Jul 29 09:56:31 AEST 2009

On 29/07/09 08:33, Paul Brooks wrote:

> This does depend on there being a different path for traffic to be
> re-routed onto. In practice if you happen to be very close to the cause
> of the break (or your intended traffic source/sink is), there may not be
> another path to steer traffic onto.

That's still a matter of money and technology. Is the last mile to the
customer a non-redundant link or is it part of a loop?  As I posted
before, I really hope the NBN adopts a loop topology for the last mile.
That would go a long way to making the NBN more reliable than the current
telephone network.

--
  Glen Turner   <http://www.gdt.id.au/~gdt/>