[LINK] Google Wave for e-learning?

Tom Worthington Tom.Worthington at tomw.net.au
Thu Jul 30 15:55:41 AEST 2009

A Google Wave "Hackathon" is being held the the Australian National
University in Canberra on 8 August (registration essential):
<http://tr.im/cbrwave>.

This is a free technical event about Google Wave platform. I am going
along to see how it might be used for collaborative  education with a
learning management system: think social networking for a tutorial group
(I am talking about teaching Green ICT with a smartphone at Google
Sydney on Friday <http://slug.org.au/node/116>):

---

    Canberra Google Wave Hackathon Day
    Saturday 8th August

    PROGRAM:
    9:30am Registration
    10:00am Talks

    A presenter from Google (details available soon) will give an
    introduction to the Wave API.

    If you have already been developing for Wave, please consider giving
    a short presentation about what you have done (doesn't have to be a
    formal presentation).

    12:00 pm Brainstorming Lunch (BYO or we will take orders & payment
    for pizza at registration)
    1:00 pm Hacking
    5:00 pm Demos
    7:00 pm Head out for dinner at restaurant (at your own cost).

    REGISTRATION
    You must register if you wish to attend so that a Google Wave
    Developer sandbox account can be created for you. Registrations will
    close on Tuesday, 4th August so that the accounts can be created.

    Numbers are limited, so please register as soon as possible at:
    http://tr.im/cbrwave

    This day is being organised by volunteers who are interested in
    Google Wave development and thought it would be useful to have a
    Google Wave developers day in Canberra. Please indicate if you are
    willing to assist with organising and running the day. Contact
    brenda at moon.net.au for more information.

    We will be providing WiFi internet access, but you will need to
    bring your own computer. Please have a look at the developer
    information on the Google Wave site
    (http://code.google.com/apis/wave/) as an introduction.

    From: Craig Thomler at 9:36 AM
    <http://egovau.blogspot.com/2009/07/canberra-google-wave-hackathon-day.html>

---
--
  Tom Worthington FACS HLM
  PO Box 13, Belconnen ACT 2617, Australia