[LINK] Office Open XML

Pilcher, Fred Fred.Pilcher at act.gov.au
Wed Jun 3 16:30:00 AEST 2009

I have a recollection that some time ago there was a directive to
government organisations from somewhere in the Commonwealth government
against the use or receipt of documents in Office Open XML format.

The reason was that "DRM" capacity in Office 2007 could restrict what a
person receiving a file could do with it - print it, save it, share it,
etc. and even that the document could be set to self-destruct at some
point.

Does anyone know whether that directive actually existed, or was it just
something that was discussed at some stage? Or have I just been
hallucinating again?

Fred