[LINK] Could Google be wrong?

Jan Whitaker jwhit at melbpc.org.au
Sun Jun 21 13:05:31 AEST 2009

At 11:30 AM 21/06/2009, Tom Koltai wrote:
>Therefore, I would suggest that Google have it right.

me, too. I always feel compelled to explain to relatives in the
Northern Hemisphere why 1 June or whatever other seasonal change
month is not on the solstice or equinox [the other two are equinoxes,
Tom. ;-) ] My first experience of this back in '88 generated quite a
bit of scrambling around the tea room when I asked the same question.
I don't think anyone in the room knew and assumed it was the first of
the month everywhere else in the world. I was in Adelaide at the
time. No offense to Adelaideians.

One of the snide answers was that the first of the month was easier
to remember. Made sense to me.

Jan

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
jwhit at janwhitaker.com