[LINK] ICANN conference with no Net supplied

Kim Davies kim at cynosure.com.au
Fri Jun 26 15:46:11 AEST 2009

Hi Tom,

What you have said does not gel with anything I know about the network.
(I am not involved in setting it up, but I am ICANN staff and I know
the network engineers well - who are not Telstra - as we use them every
meeting.)

There is no NAT in the conference network, and no "C" class. The
networks are an IPv4 /20 and an IPv6 /48, and have been configured since
about a week prior to the start of the official conference week. I
just took the liberty of taking a photo in the NOC room of the network
allocations:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/kjd/3661254779/

Maybe there are Skype problems, naturally that can happen, but it is
neither due to the conference network being on a NAT or being limited in
address space.

As well as the conference network, there are one of those roaming WiFi
network provider networks barely visible that you have to pay for. Maybe
your complainant is paying to use that rather than using the free and
abundant ICANN conference network.

kim

Quoting Tom Koltai on Friday June 26, 2009: