[LINK] Fixing Broken Links

Tom Worthington Tom.Worthington at tomw.net.au
Sun Mar 1 10:57:35 AEDT 2009

At 08:57 AM 1/03/2009, Roger Clarke wrote:
>... The externals are mostly other people's problems, and I'm not
>prepared to do the hard yards to fix all that up. ...

Where a web page has disappeared or changed significantly, I replace
the link with one to a copy in the Internet archive from around the
time my web page was written. Perhaps someone has a utility which
does that automatically.

>To find the internals, I've used several sources to assist ...

I tend to worry about the links in the most important (and most read)
web pages first.
Your readers also tend to tell you about broken links.

ps: Perhaps we should let the ANU COMP2410 web design students loose
reviewing and redesigning your web site? They gave my lecture note
web pages such a bad review I have given up and am now using Moodle:
<http://tomw.net.au/moodle/course/view.php?id=13>. ;-)

Tom Worthington FACS HLM tom.worthington at tomw.net.au Ph: 0419 496150
Director, Tomw Communications Pty Ltd            ABN: 17 088 714 309
PO Box 13, Belconnen ACT 2617                      http://www.tomw.net.au/
Adjunct Senior Lecturer, Australian National University