[LINK] Opening of Public Safety Communications Conference

Tom Worthington Tom.Worthington at tomw.net.au
Mon Mar 2 14:13:00 AEDT 2009

Greetings from the opening of the Public Safety Communications
Conference in Sydney: <http://tinyurl.com/am9cgn>http://tinyurl.com/am9cgn

I am now bogging and Twittering <http://twitter.com/tom_worthington>
the event. The keynote speaker is the head of Emergency Management
Australia. There appear to be only about 100 delegates at the event.
I expect that many are in Victoria at the bushfires, which is a major
theme of this event. I am speaking tomorrow morning on emergency
communications. I understand a text message was sent to all mobile
phones in Victoria today. I assume this was a cell broadcast, not an
SMS, but do not have the details at present.

Tom Worthington FACS HLM tom.worthington at tomw.net.au Ph: 0419 496150
Director, Tomw Communications Pty Ltd            ABN: 17 088 714 309
PO Box 13, Belconnen ACT 2617                      http://www.tomw.net.au/
Adjunct Senior Lecturer, Australian National University