[LINK] Telstra to do SMS message

Jan Whitaker jwhit at melbpc.org.au
Mon Mar 2 17:44:37 AEDT 2009

At 05:33 PM 2/03/2009, Richard Chirgwin wrote:

>However; it's a good thing this wasn't an evacuation alert, with both
>carriers running more than an hour spread between users!

The other issue is hearing that it's arrived. I didn't. The only
reason I went to see if I got a message was because of Tom's prompt
on Link. The time I gave was the time-stamp on the message itself. A
ringing call for emergency evacuation purposes might be a way to ramp
it up, like those morning wake up calls. Does Telstra still do those?

Jan

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
jwhit at janwhitaker.com
blog: http://janwhitaker.com/jansblog/