[LINK] The US and THEM of P2P

Scott Howard scott at doc.net.au
Thu Mar 5 07:19:47 AEDT 2009

On Wed, Mar 4, 2009 at 4:46 AM, Tom Koltai <tomk at unwired.com.au> wrote:

> As evidenced by the story from Colin Jones of the Adelaide Advertiser it
> would appear that there is a law for us – and a law for them.
>
> http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,25197,23495134-5006787,00.h
> tml<http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,25197,23495134-5006787,00.h%0Atml>
>
> HUNDREDS of police officers across South Australia caught using their
> work computers to illegally copy movie DVDs will escape prosecution.

So that's the "law for them" - if you're making a comparison you'll need an
example of a "law of us".

Can you name a single case of anyone being charged for copying DVDs for what
I can only but presume is personal use, even if it did take place in a
workplace?

In this case, I think the law, and it's enforcement, for "us" is exactly the
same as the law, and it's enforcement, for "them".

  Scott