[LINK] FW: lack of dates on Ausgov pages

Paul Koerbin pkoerbin at nla.gov.au
Tue Mar 10 14:37:25 AEDT 2009

> actually, i'm surprised that govt sites don't have that information as a required part of their standard templates -
> i know we do where i work (a university faculty)...every web page published has to have the following information at
> the bottom of the page:

Well of course AGLS metadata is one of the "mandatory requirements" for Australian Government agencies as set out by AGIMO http://webpublishing.agimo.gov.au/Mandatory_Requirements#Metadata_AGLS. And "date" is one of the mandatory elements of the AGLS metadata set. Discretion demands that I leave others to comment on the compliance (or not) with such requirements ...

Paul

Paul Koerbin | Manager Web Archiving | National Library of Australia | Canberra ACT 2600
Tel: 02 6262 1411 | Email: pkoerbin at nla.gov.au | skype: paulkoerbin