[LINK] Happy 20th Birthday WWW

Sylvano sylvano at gnomon.com.au
Fri Mar 13 11:41:38 AEDT 2009

Champagne all around, then...

March 13 marks 20 years of World Wide Web, though for me it is a little
later as I only met the web when acquiring the Mosaic browser in '93 I
think, which was the beginning of the end of using Archie, Veronica and
gopher.

But it was twenty years ago that the HyperText and CERN paper was released.
http://www.w3.org/History/19921103-hypertext/hypertext/WWW/History.html

Various online news reports on the birthday can be found of course,
including:

CERN website, an obvious place to start, tells us how the celebrations
will happen and provides links to resources (via a sensible short link, of
course):
http://info.cern.ch/www20/

The Economist, with some kind of 'scientists have to publish' hook:
http://www.economist.com/science/displayStory.cfm?story_id=13277389&source=hptextfeature
 or
http://tinyurl.com/cbnxkg

Scientific American