[LINK] Happy 20th Birthday WWW

Tom Koltai tomk at unwired.com.au
Mon Mar 16 01:54:45 AEDT 2009

<Snip>

Well - in the case of Optus - they were still claiming that X.400 would
be the winning standard in October 1996.
I actually resigned my consultant position on the Optus Strategy Team
because young "Kit" (ex-BT) was the messaging guru and he had decided
that X.400 was far more relevent than TCP-IP. I informed them sadly that
unfortunately, consumer pressure was demonstrating that TCP-IP was the
users choice and the x.400 was far too complex and overly topheavy
protocol for simple text messaging and wouldn't fit into cellphone usage
parameters.

Its interesting that 13 years later, I seem to be lobbying on behalf of
the consumer again.

Linkers - is there anyone out there that can tell me how to make a
couple of shekels from being an internet activist ?