[LINK] Australian ISP Peering

stephen at melbpc.org.au stephen at melbpc.org.au
Wed Mar 18 17:46:15 AEDT 2009

> I just happened to be poking around TPG's site today and found a page
> about peering.  http://www.tpg.com.au/about/peering.php

Interesting, Peter .. TPG peers with around 100 or so Aussie ISPs. But,
of course, Telstra and Optus etc are notably absent:

"We are pleased to announce that we have now completed our Internet
Exchange Peering Project nationwide!  We now have peering connectivity to
the following Internet Exchanges: (perhaps 100 ISPs are listed) ...

Peering with Internet Exchanges improves speed and performance to users
and content from other Australian ISP's and allows our customers to have
a fast and direct access path to content that is local to Australia.

We are sure that these recent changes will enlighten our customers,
especially our customers using the Internet for Gaming. They will be very
pleased to hear of this news!"  Tuesday 29th June 2004

--

Cheers,
Stephen