[LINK] ABC Mobile Web Site Failed Accessibility Test

Ivan Trundle ivan at itrundle.com
Thu Mar 19 10:55:08 AEDT 2009

On 18/03/2009, at 10:55 AM, Tom Worthington wrote:

> The ABC has now included ALT text on the mobile
> home page. But I would like to see them carry out
> a full accessibility test of the site, before
> spending effort on versions for iPhones and
> Androids.

A common misunderstanding: the iPhone app is not a web interface - and
the two should not be confused.

The iPhone app is entirely that: an application, and thus has no
bearing on the efforts of web development at all. The content
delivered through the app is not synchronous with what is delivered
via the web. Granted, the app receives content from the ABC server
'cloud', but I repeat: it's not the web, and the interface is entirely
different.

iT

--
Ivan Trundle
http://itrundle.com ivan at itrundle.com
ph: +61 (0)418 244 259 fx: +61 (0)2 6286 8742 skype: callto://ivanovitchk