[LINK] Information controls in the Age of Information

Kim Davies kim at cynosure.com.au
Sat Mar 21 23:10:18 AEDT 2009

Hi Leah,

Firstly, I have to admit I was freaked out by your digression, not so
much by the subject matter, but rather that you sound uncannily like
Adam Todd.

| The problem is, with all the treaties we have between countries for
| everything from cars to textiles to food, we have NOTHING for
| controlling ABUSE and TORTURE.
|
| Seems most governments don't want to admit that within their own
| countries people are abusive, conduct torture (as defined by the
| United Nations which includes psychological abuse, unfair power and so on.)

What about the "United Nations Convention against Torture and Other
Cruel, Inhuman or Degrading Treatment or Punishment"? Australia is a
signatory. It compels countries to legislate and act against torture.

kim