[LINK] I know it's the UK [smallish island] but..

Jan Whitaker jwhit at janwhitaker.com
Mon Mar 23 10:57:30 AEDT 2009

MJackson writes "BT has revealed new details
about the roll-out of its £1.5bn programme to
deploy super fast fibre optic broadband to as
many as 10 million UK homes (40%) by 2012.
Scotland will become one of the first places to
benefit from next-generation broadband services,
with more than 34,000 homes and businesses in
Edinburgh and Glasgow receiving speeds of up to
40Mbps and potentially 60Mbps from early next
year (2010). Overall, BT Openreach, which is
responsible for ensuring that all rival operators
have equality of access to BT's local network,
aims to deploy Fibre to the Cabinet (FTTC) based
next generation broadband services next summer
(2010) to 500,000 homes and businesses in the UK."
http://tech.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=09/03/22/0058237&from=rss

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
jwhit at janwhitaker.com
blog: http://janwhitaker.com/jansblog/
business: http://www.janwhitaker.com

Our truest response to the irrationality of the
world is to paint or sing or write, for only in such response do we find truth.
~Madeline L'Engle, writer