[LINK] more on the AT&T approach to illegal sharing

Jan Whitaker jwhit at janwhitaker.com
Sun Mar 29 09:19:10 AEDT 2009

Liked this addition:
[they are nagging with alerts via email and certified letters]
AT&T, however, did not and does not plan to take any action on its
own against those customers, like canceling their service, even
though they ignored repeated warnings.

"We are not under any circumstances going to suspend or terminate any
customer's service as a result of a third-party allegation unless
they have a court order," Mr. Cicconi said. "The copyright owner has
legal rights, and we are not going to be the agent to enforce their rights."

http://bits.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/03/26/att-learns-from-mom-in-fighting-file-sharing/

Maybe the situation here in Australia would benefit from paying
attention to this approach. Seems to align with the Link commentariat.

Jan

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
jwhit at janwhitaker.com
blog: http://janwhitaker.com/jansblog/