[LINK] GhostNet

Tom Koltai tomk at unwired.com.au
Sun Mar 29 20:28:01 AEDT 2009

Full Report at  http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/techreports/UCAM-CL-TR-746.pdf

<SNIP>

Comments:
Ghostnet is not exclusively Chinese.
Our perambulations in this field would indicate that the dissemination
of the malware is achieved by phishing organisations that are funded by
others...... With reports going back to the funders of interesting
successful incursions.

Think Fagan - Oliver Twist.

Interestingly - we just offerred a major accounting firm an interdiction
potential against this type of activity - and their response was that it
was not part of their core business.

We live in interesting times.

Tom