[LINK] USDAFoodSafety is using Twitter.

stephen at melbpc.org.au stephen at melbpc.org.au
Mon Mar 30 18:05:35 AEDT 2009

Marghanita writes,

> .. accessible by search engine robots?

Don't know about 'normal' searching, but maybe
Linkers might like to look at some tweets here:

 http://search.twitter.com/

Perhaps search on 'Australia' for normal tweets.

As Tom has discovered (i think) twitter can add
an enormous amount to live presentations. Quite
a number of 'single purpose' groups eg teachers
such as at Conference recently turned one maybe
so-boring-wish-i-was-at-work presentation, into
useful experience learning-wise, via twittering

Though it can certainly be abused especially by
the bored, for like-minded folk on any topic it
can be a big bonus. I am not a huge user though
and will not jump up to 'defend' twittering but
don't forget for example Obama has made numbers
of first announcements via twitter. It works so
that's all that matters for me really.  Suppose
one really has to try it to see if it fits your
life-style, or not, like all new technology :-)

I find the key is to strictly limit followers &
following to key people, then it's a huge bonus.

Cheers,
Stephen