[LINK] [SPAM?] Re: The Community of - was A good time to short

Tom Koltai tomk at unwired.com.au
Mon May 4 11:14:23 AEST 2009

We already have the "Buy Australian" government scheme. I think as a
nation we have to say that isnt quite going to cut it anymore.

My suggestion is a simple one.

If every Australian asks just one question of every salesman, shop
assistant, reseller at the point of purchase:

i.e.: Excuse me - was this made in Australia?

It will do a lot more than if we ask the Government to implement a
tarrif regime.

Obviously - most things arnt made in Australia - but to ensure that our
childrens children have an economy, we need to make sure that at least
some things will be made here.

So actually - blogging about it is a good thing and tweeting it and
facebook walling it.
It might take us half a generation to get back to the manufactureing
capacity that we had in the eighties - but it will be worth it.

Tom