[LINK] Forum on high speed bandwidth in Australia - this Thursday

Brenda Aynsley bpa at iss.net.au
Mon May 4 14:40:18 AEST 2009

Pia Waugh wrote:

> This is also a bit of an experiment in open government, we are trying to get
> ideas all posted publicly for public discussion and feedback. Soon down the
> track we will add threading to the comments on Senator Lundy's blog for more
> peer review of comments (we just need to make some theme changes) and will
> likely add other features like rating. This combined with engaging Twitter
> as the main medium for discussion and feedback means we will hopefully have
> a pretty open discussion, and people should be able to participate as easily
> online as in person.

would someone explain to me how you can have a 'discussion' that is
comprised of 140 characters?

I have just started an ACS SA Branch twitter offering
twitter.com/acssabranch, in which I hope members and non members will
provide feedback and comment.  My purpose was to engage with members
through publicising the activity that happens in the branch, and I cant
see how I could use it for 'discussions'.  Then again I am an ingenue in
this brave new world, so enlightenment is welcome in 140 characters or
more ;)

cheers
brenda

--
Brenda Aynsley, FACS, PCP, HLM, ACCE Associate
Director Community Affairs Board, Australian Computer Society