[LINK] Exetel trial records 20,000 hits on filtered URLs

Danny Yee danny at anatomy.usyd.edu.au
Mon May 4 17:28:31 AEST 2009

http://www.itnews.com.au/News/102406,exetel-trial-records-20000-hits-on-filtered-urls.aspx
> Three customers said they would cancel their Exetel services because of
> the trial, Exetel said.
>
> One of those is Melbourne search engine optimisation business, Stewart
> Media. Its founder and chief executive officer, Jim Stewart, indicated
> his intention to shift his customers away from Exetel.
> <http://stewartmedia.biz/myblog/Why-Im-leaving-Exetel/>

I'm one of the other two.  I posted an application to Internode
last week.

> It flagged the possibility to offer content filtering to users for an
> additional $5 charge, which would see Exetel follow the lead of
> participants in the Government's trials.

I'd love to see this.  That would put the onus the other way around --
I'd expect maybe three Exetel customers to sign up for this.

Danny.
  http://dannyreviews.com/ - one thousand book reviews
  http://wanderingdanny.com/ - travelogues + photos
  http://danny.oz.au/ - information activism, blog