[LINK] Exetel trial records 20,000 hits on filtered URLs

Jan Whitaker jwhit at melbpc.org.au
Mon May 4 20:34:32 AEST 2009

At 07:30 PM 4/05/2009, Rick Welykochy wrote:
>It's over now and we move on. And valuable realtime data of the impact of
>a measly 198 blocked URLs has been gathered. Hopefully Exetel will publish
>some decent extrapolations from this number to the magnitude of blockage that
>the gummint wants to require by law. If the legislation ever passes.
>
>Of course if mandatory filtering is imposed in this hitherto fine country,
>those vigorously opposed can emigrate. There would be nowhere to run on this
>continent to escape it.

The figures in that story are unclear. It says 196 URls were hit. Out
of a list of how many? Were they IP numbers or domains? pages? I
didn't bother to read the story.

Like Danny, when I heard about the govt proposal, I contacted my ISP
that day. That was what? a year ago? I'm pleased they have been on
the front line of saying how dumb it is. Glad to have Danny on board, too.

Jan

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
jwhit at janwhitaker.com
blog: http://janwhitaker.com/jansblog/